Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Android Fonts

I recently got an Android phone -- Motorolla/Verizon's answer to the I-Phone. Given that I haven't been able to get an internet connection to my computer through the phone yet, I've been having to do lots of internet interactions through this little bitty screen. I've noticed more than ever that special considerations in typography have to be taken into account with hand held devices. Apparently, Ascender Corporation provides "advanced font products" (not sure what that means, exactly) and developed a type specifically for Android phones. Here are samples:
 

I was disappointed because I really like the numbers that appear on the front of the phone. It doesn't look like they match any of these fonts...I'm going to look at more info about typography for hand held devices. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment