Tuesday, June 30, 2009

rooted but reaching
which is more desirable?
to run deep or free?

This is a haiku I wrote quite some time ago about what a tree represents to me. Always the tension between reaching up toward the sky with leaves flying while at the same time, digging deeper and deeper into the ground and rooting to the spot.

I was thinking about my last sketch of the "blob" of myself and how I said I'd wrap myself around whatever was closest in order to take a shape. Luckily, I'm getting much of my sense of humor back so I thought of all kinds of things I could wrap around and started sketching some of them. Here's one image that came to me.


I'm not happy with how dark it turned out but that's the way it goes. I'm beginning to like this little guy. He's developing some personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment