Thursday, August 6, 2009

Crashing

Crashing a little after my intensive summer class. Man, that was a lot of work but I really loved every minute of it! I'm finding it hard to believe that my graphic design class is actually over. Fun party at my house last night to celebrate the last day of class and get to know each other better. We're hoping to get together for critiques on whatever work we're doing next and to support each other in whatever graphic design adventures are next. Some of us will continue to follow each others' blogs. I feel a little narcissistic but I like this blogging thing. Look at me!!! Look at my stuff!! Read what I write!!! It also helps to organize my thoughts so the narcissistic satisfaction is mainly a nice perk. You should try it if you haven't.

For those of you who have asked about seeing my "work" (I'm using that word loosely at this point), here's a website that has my projects posted on it. We worked just bit with creating this little projects page and posting things to it. I felt a bit slow at learning this part. In spite of that, I'm amazed at how much I learned. Paul was an excellent instructor. Anyway, here's the url: http://gds.parkland.edu/student/su09/gds108/ldavis/

I'm off to Alexandria, VA next week to attend an opening for an art exhibit at The Torpedo Factory in which my brother-in-law has a piece. There were 300 submissions and his was one of 27 accepted! I'm pretty darned proud of him. I've never been to an art opening so it will be a new experience - especially when I feel legitimate about being there! What to wear? I have to leave here at the butt crack of dawn (as one of my clients so eloquently put it) to get over to the airport but the benefit is that if anyone asks (not likely), I'll be able to say I'm flying "back east" for an art opening. They'll think my bleary-eyed look is because I'm an important jet setter, right?

It will be great to spend time with my sisters and hang out in DC. Then, two weeks until classes start again and many of my clients return from their summer break. Summer's almost over, I guess. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment