Friday, July 17, 2009

Before and After

Well...vacation time is winding down. I don't even want to think about trying to cram all my clothes into my suitcase again...I'm looking forward to home, though!

One of the things that I'm definitely feeling is the effect of all the eating out. I decided to do a before and after sketch. I think I've gained about 50 pounds in the past week. Here's what I look like now:



Here's what I looked like before:



Just jokin'. The first sketch is a weak copy of one of Botero's paintings. I like his paintings and sculptures a lot. He has some pretty intense social commentary pieces about Abu Ghraib, too. I don't know much about him except that I think he's kind of a rebel. I've always liked his figures -- very thick and hefty. No stick thin people here. It's nice to see images that look more like the other 80% of the population.


No comments:

Post a Comment