Friday, July 10, 2009

Providence Has Been Kind

Last day here in Providence. I didn't do much sketching today. Here's one little thing I tried. There were some interesting sculptures scattered throughout the downtown area or "downcity" as they like to call it here for some odd reason. Not as many as I might have expected, though, given that the Rhode Island School of Design is right up the street. I couldn't find a placard for this one but thought it was cool so I sketched it. It was made out of some kind of metal and was reddish with rust. I liked.



I also took some pictures. Couldn't believe how decorative some of the storm drains were...
Yes. I took a picture of a storm drain.



And, of course, here are me and my lovely daughter Maddy at Johnson & Wales. She's really a cool young woman. I'll miss her when she goes.




How's this photo for three point perspective? This is a picture I took of a Unitarian church in Providence. The sky was really that blue today. It was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon and evening.



Tomorrow...the ocean. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment