Monday, July 13, 2009

Well, THAT'S embarrassing

My wonderful friend and soulsister Susan gently corrected one of my previous posts. She pointed out that I had described the delicious treat I crave as a Moon Pie. In fact, the chocolaty goodness with icing in the middle is called a Whoopie Pie. Apparently, Moon Pies are more of a Southern thing. They consist of marshmallow filling between two graham crackers, with the whole thing dipped in chocolate. There's also a weird tradition of drinking RC Cola with your Moon Pie. I didn't even know they still made RC Cola!!

I have eaten a Moon Pie and there's no comparison. Whoopie Pies are hands down more tasty. According to Wikipedia, the official source of all information for high school students and lazy adults in the US, you should also be careful not to confuse Moon Pies with Mooncakes, the latter of which is a Chinese pastry with very different ingredients.

Now that we have that all cleared up, we can move on with our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment